The new glossy and trendy with all its killing features and looks iPhone SE, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 or iPhone 7s is successful enough to out-fashion all the popular phones including BlackBerry. Thus, it is very obvious that it’s time to say your BlackBerry 10 ‘bye bye’. In order to bid a goodbye, it is necessary to transfer all the important data (contacts, photos, music, videos, etc.) to your new iPhone.
This article will be guiding through some of the simplest means of transferring the data from BlackBerry 10 to your iPhone.
Google, cloud, and Exchange
This type of transfer is one of the easiest ways to relocate your data contacts, notes and calendars with the help of cloud service. If you are already using one of such platforms, you can get all your data in just a few means. If you have your Gmail account as one of your principal back up the account on your BlackBerry 10, then your calendar and address book must be ready to settle on your IOS platform with least initiative. The iCloud can function as Gmail as well. If you are using services like Yahoo! or Exchange for back up or contacts then it is also similar.
- On the home screen of your iPhone tap the Settings symbol.
- Roll/scroll down to tap Calendars, Mail and Contacts.
- Now click on ‘Add Account’ and select the service you are using for so long.
- Enter the login credentials like username and password
- Choose the type of contents you want to sync.
Role of Third Party Services
If according to you Google of the cloud is not trustworthy enough to keep your data safe then you can opt for a third party service app of BlackBerry such as InTouch. It helps you to restore and backup matters amid gadgets. However, it is suggested that Google and Apple are much more reliable than the above app. Data like photos, music, and others can be moved over via the native Box/ Drop Box apps on the handsets (both) or Google Drive if you have PlayCloud 10 on your BlackBerry phone.
Box as well comes up with the ‘automatic upload’ on BlackBerry 10. The use of this app makes it very simple to receive all your both photos and videos synced in the cloud. Once you restore all the information, download Box app on your iPhone and you will see that all your restored information will appear safely and smoothly. This type of transfers is wireless.
Function of BlackBerry Link
It may happen that for any reason you don’t wish to restore your data to the cloud then you can side-load your contacts with the help of your desktop/laptop through BlackBerry Link. If you are already using BlackBerry Link and your backup data on regular basis through the wireless or another medium, then you can import all your data through iTunes on your IOS platform easily.
The steps underneath will help you to understand the procedures to transfer data from BlackBerry to desktop in an elaborate manner:
- Connect your BlackBerry 10 phone with your desktop over the USB port.
- Open the BlackBerry Link. In case if you do not have the app just download it.
- At the left hand, you will find ‘Contacts/Calendars’. Click that to proceed to the subsequent screen.
- On the next screen click ‘Set Up Contact Syncing’/ ‘Set Up Calendar Syncing’.
- From the drop-down menu choose either of the options stating ‘Outlook/Windows/Mac Contacts’.
- Tap Ok. For syncing calendar repeat the same steps but choose ‘Set Up Calendar Syncing’.
- The options you are selecting here must be the same that you want to restore from iTunes afterward.
- Click ‘Confirm’ tab on the pop-up screen.
- The process will commence.
Photos, videos, and music can also be transferred using BlackBerry Link with the similar procedures with the exception that are not backed up to iTunes.
- Connect your phone to your computer through USB
- Tap the ‘Bottom tab’ form your phone. Following, click the ‘gear’ on the extreme right on top.
- Just make sure that the import folders of your computer are opting the identical directory as that of your iTunes music, videos and photo books.
- Before clicking ‘Back Up Now’ just once cross check that you have imported all the data at the ‘device tab’.
If you do not wish to use BlackBerry Link then you can simply copy your files to your desktop. Now, from there you can shift the data to a place where iTunes can sync perfectly.
Setting up the data on your iPhone
The set up is quite different from that of the previous versions phone you have used. If your iPhone is loaded with Outlook, iTunes and photo then here you go!
- Install iTunes if you do not have it.
- You should sign up to get an Apple ID to proceed to the next step.
- Confirm that iTunes has already analyzed and registered all the data you need to relocate
- Switch on your iPhone and log in with the Apple ID you have created.
- Go through the laid down instructions for set up and sync with your iTunes accordingly either using Wi-Fi or USB.
The iTunes will start importing all your media. Contacts and calendar can be imported using iTunes also.
- On the top left-hand click iPhone tab
- Tap the info tab located on the left-hand panel.
- Buckle all ‘Sync Contacts’ and ‘Sync Calendars’.
- Click ‘Sync Again’ in the below right.